Feedback is Gold
On today's show I'm sharing some great feedback on the French Oak of Notre Dame, some thoughts on Ebony availability and regulation, and finally the cycle of tree blights like Thousand Canker and Emerald Ash Borer. Plus I get a tiny bit editorial about CITES and the upcoming Convention Votes.
Big Thanks to My New Patrons
Alan, Perry, Aaron, Timothy, Jay, Bryan, James, Thom, Colin, and Gary
Thanks for your support!
- Mark wrote in with first hand perspective on the availability of European Oak as it relates to rebuilding Notre Dame.
- Chris sent in a voicemail as a lumber yard employee and fireman about Notre Dame.
- Tor shared an article about Visingso Island and lumber for the Swedish Royal Navy.
- CITES is set to vote on some new proposals regarding Ipe, Rosewood and Spanish Cedar.
- Maryland has implemented quarantine zones for the movement of Walnut in hopes to control Thousand Canker disease.
- George says he can't find Ebony and wonders what's up.
- Ken wonders if there is a cycle to tree blights like the Thousand Canker issue we are facing now.