Plywood Structure, E4E, and Hemp Wood
This episode I talk about how plywood doesn't tear itself apart with wood movement, bugs in plywood, rounded corners in 2x4s, and a new product called Hemp Wood.
The NYT Magazine did a great article on the genetically engineered American Chestnut, but also recapped the history of the blight and how vital the tree was prior to the blight that is worth a read.
- Charles confirms that slabs are everywhere and not particularly interesting in figure and grain in Atlanta.
- Jason asks about the structure of plywood and its strength
- Omer has bugs in his plywood and asks about returning it to the dealer
- Aaron wonders why 2x4s have rounded corners
- Shawn wants to talk about Hemp Wood
Nominate Your Local Yard
I would love to feature some local lumber yards on the show and start some conversations about the lumber biz with these folks. Write in to the show and let me know of a lumber business that you use and why you want to nominate them to be a guest on the show.