Mahogany, Choosing Species for weight, Vetting a supplier, & Coppicing
This episode I define what is Genuine Mahogany, and talk about how to choose a species for weight and durability using technical specifications. Then I take a walk into a coppiced forest, and finally talk about questions to ask a new supplier to vet them for sustainability and legality. Great questions this week everyone!
But first, stay healthy everyone. The lumber industry and EVERY industry is being flipped upside down with the COVID-19 outbreak. These are historic times and take care of yourselves and your family.
- Doug shared the White Oak Initiative
- Greg asks what is Genuine Mahogany
- Mike wants more info on coppicing
- RJ needs help selecting a lightweight but durable species. Check out episode 5 on technical properties if you haven't yet.
- Brad needs help vetting a supplier of wood from abroad