Plantation Forests are Managed Like Crops
This episode I catch up on some more questions submitted via email. There is a good variety covering pest control, methods to identify alternate species, stickering your lumber, and of course, smoking ALL the meats.
Tales from the Yard
With talk of finding alternate species, I share a project about a wide Teak floor that turned into a wide Iroko floor project.
- Tim found a log and now has 300 board feet of Cherry
- Atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi, not thousands of pounds
- Bob asks if trees are managed like crops
- Jacob saw some weird looking lumber core plywood
- Chris wonders if there are ways to find alternate species for specialized woods
- Mike asks when it is appropriate to sticker and not to sticker lumber
- John is curious about how pests are controlled in lumber
- Nate wants to smoke meat with his cut offs