Logging Tools for the Non Lumberjack
What tools do you keep in the car for those opportunistic roadside stops to grab a fallen tree or some choice turning blanks? How about choosing a wood species for making wooden hand planes? Both of these topics and several other detours discussed in this episode.
More trees now than 35 years ago? Check out this article for some good news. But let's not get too excited, more work to be done for our forests.
- David chimed in about the sap heavy Walnut and says English Walnut specifically is known to have a lot of sapwood.
- Ash is salvaging lumber now from the Dr. Oppenheimer estate
- Michael teaches us about the difference between Ukraine and "the Ukraine"
- Richard wants to make wooden hand planes
- Kevin wonders about the shelf life of logs that came down on their own
- Sean asks about logging tools he can use for harvesting roadside logs.