Wood Movement, Extractives, and Drying Ventilation
This episode I talk about lumber steaming but answer a few questions along the way to help us understand what is happening during the steaming.
Lignia couldn't find new investors and is bought by Accoya who kills the competitive brand.
- Jeremy shares www.rogergeorge.com as a source for Balsa wood used by prop makers
- Palmer saw Balsa being used as the floor of a Boeing 727
- Balsa for longboards
- Ken has questions about the rule of thumb for cupping boards
- Scott wants to store trees in his mom's basement
- Jim asks about the color difference in Cherry lumber and plywood
- Darrick has some crooked Locust and wonders about the pith
- Ben is confused about Walnut grades and steaming
- Lumber Steaming 101
Leave a Reply