Estimating Board Feet
In this episode I answer questions you guys sent in about the journey of a board from forest to the lumber shelf. I talk about estimating board feet, who gets to buy what quality of lumber, margins in the lumber business, making the grade, and sawing frozen logs.
- Kathryn asks about how the plantation board journey is different.
- Alex asks about shrinking margins in the lumber industry.
- Misha wonders about board selection and who gets to buy what.
- Robert is looking for a board foot calculator.
- Aaron asks about sawing logs that are frozen.
- Alex asks about boards that don’t make the grade and allowable downgrade in a pack of lumber.
Support the Show, Become a Patron
Thank to you to my supporters on Patreon for making this show even better. Become a Patron today!